Friday, December 5, 2008

Tuesday Shopping Trip and Menu Plan

I know this posting is super late, but I thought I'd go ahead and share my shopping trip from this week and our menu plan.
I went to Town Talk and Wal-Mart on Tuesday. There weren't many good sales in the fliers. I guess all the good deals occurred last week for Thanksgiving, so all the stores were being skimpy this week. I still found some great deals at Town Talk and did some pretty good price-matching on produce at Wal-Mart.

How did I spend $10. 65 at Town Talk and get all this?
1. 8 apples = $1
2. 3 plum tomatoes = $1
3. Lipton Ranch Seasoning (2 packs) = $.89
4. 3 packs of Taco Bell Taco Seasoning = 3/$1
5. 3 packs of McCormick Enchilada Seasoning = 3/$1
6. Imagine Organic Beef Broth = $1.59
7. Del Monte Carrots (1/2 off of $.69) = $.35
8. 2 cans of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup (1/2 off of $.99) = $.50 x 2 = $1
9. 1 can of Old El Paso Enchilada Sauce (1/2 off of $.99) = $.50 (this is
usually over $1 a can!)
10. 1 can of Campbell's Tomato Soup (1/2 off of $.99) = $.50
11. 1 pack of Terra Kettle's Krinkle Cut Chips = $.79
12. 1 box of Betty Crocker Sour Cream Potatoes (1/2 off of $.99) = $.50
13. 1 11 oz. pkg. of Nestle Butterscotch Morsels = $.79
Total = $10.65 (no food tax in TX)
___________________________________________________________
Menu Plan for 12.2.08-12.8.08
Breakfasts:
Tuesday - Cereal and milk
Wednesday - Oatmeal with apples, brown sugar, and cinnamon
Thursday - Yogurt parfaits and bagels with cream cheese
Friday - Eggs and Toast
Saturday - Beignets (my dad sent me home with Cafe' Du Monde's Beignet mix from New
Orleans :)
Sunday - Breakfast Burritos
Monday - Cereal
Lunches:
Tuesday - Sandwiches/leftovers
Wednesday - Sandwiches/leftovers
Thursday - Day date with Clay! (Noah-sandwich at school)
Friday- Sandwiches/leftovers
Saturday - Sandwiches/leftovers
Sunday - Leftovers
Monday - Sandwiches/leftovers
Dinners:
Tuesday - Breakfast for Dinner- French toast, bacon, and apples
Wednesday - Church Care Group Meal - bring salad
Thursday - Taco Soup and Puppy Chow
Friday - Date with Clay (Wow 2 in 1 Week! Noah eats pizza at Kids' Night Out.)
Saturday - Chicken Mitchell (family recipe), green beans, and rolls
Sunday - Frozen Meal (probably Chili Colorado that my mom sent home with me :)
Monday - Beef Stew and Cornbread

No comments: