Tuesday, October 14, 2008

my lil' artist craft

I was googling one day looking for Christmas gift ideas and came across a fun craft for displaying children's artwork. I'm always looking for fun ways to show off Noah's cute drawings and paintings. Magnets just don't do the trick. This inexpensive project was just the ticket for my fridge!
i also made a couple to give to my mom and sister
Instructions for Making Art Hanger
You will need:
1. 1 paint stick (free in paint dept. at Wal-mart or any store that sells paint)
2. craft paint (color of your choosing)
3. paint brush
4. permanent marker or paint pen
5. 3 clothespins
6. adhesive magnetic tape
7. wood glue or craft glue
8. scissors
What to do:
1. paint stick and clothespins with craft paint, allow to dry; you may want to paint a second coat
2. glue the clothespins onto the paint stick- one on the left, one in the middle, and one on the right, spaced evenly across the stick
3. write message such as "my lil' artist" across the stick using marker
4. cut 3 strips of magnetic tape and apply to back of stick
5. stick to fridge and hang artwork!

No comments: