Monday, November 10, 2008

my meals

Here are a couple of my favorite meals recently:
Pinto beans, Squash Casserole, and Green Beans
We enjoy eating pinto beans pretty often at our house. They are extremely cheap and so easy. Great source of fiber too. I usually place the beans in the Crock Pot with some Tony's seasoning, add twice the amount of water as the beans, turn it on high and let it cook all day. By supper time you have a health and tasty meal!
Sometimes I make rice to go with the beans (i.e. Louisiana Red Beans and Rice :) and occasionally I add sausage if I have it on hand. This time I paired the pinto beans with my Nana's Squash Casserole (yum, yum) and green beans, cooked in bacon and onion.
Chicken Pot Pie and Green Bean Bundles


I added a cute turkey to the top of the pie for a fun Thanksgiving flair!

I received the Chicken Pot Pie recipe from my Aunt Tiger and the Green Bean Bundles recipe from my friend Melissa.

No comments: