Wednesday, February 18, 2009

2.17 shopping trip and menu plan

Town Talk - $20.08

Walmart $38.58



Total spent = $58.66



The deals weren't super this week. I only price-matched on baby carrots ($.99/lb. at Kroger) and grapes ($.99/lb. at Kroger) at Walmart. Since the price-matching deals were so sparse, I headed over to Town Talk. I hadn't been there in a while and LOVE their prices. I loaded my cart with 2 bags of Dole Spring Mix Salad for $.50 each, Stauffer's Animal Crackers for $.50, Onions for $.19/lb., Weight Watchers Cookies for $1, Tortilla Chips for $.50 and whole-wheat Tortillas for $.50 each. I also got some other items that were at good prices that we needed to round out our meals for the week.


Breakfasts:
Tuesday- Waffles (already made-in freezer) and strawberries
Wednesday- Cereal, milk, and apples
Thursday- Bran Muffins and apples
Friday- Oatmeal with brown sugar, cinnamon, and raisins
Saturday- Breakfast Burritos
Monday- Pancakes and Bacon
Lunches:
Tuesday- Leftover Pork Chops and Beans/Sandwiches
Wednesday- Leftover Potato Soup and Salad
Thursday- Chicken Sandwich (Deli Meat)
Friday- Green Salad and Garden Veggie Soup
Saturday- Lunch Out (Clay's mom will be visiting)
Sunday- Lunch Out (Clay's mom will be visiting)
Monday- Peanut Butter Siesta Sandwiches (Pg. 215 of Cooking Light: Low-Fat/Low-Calorie)
Dinners:
Tuesday- Loaded Baked Potato Soup, Mixed Greens Salad, and Homemade Bread
Wednesday- 2 Egg, Ham, and Cheese Omelets (Put all ingredients in Ziploc bag (2 eggs, diced
ham, cheese, onions, and bell pepper. Boil water in a sauce pan. Place bag(s) in the
boiling water and allow to boil for 13 minutes- instant omelets!) and Whole Wheat
Biscuits (Pg. 49 of Cooking Light: Low-Fat/Low-Calorie)
Thursday- Steak, Green Beans, and Homemade Bread
*Funny story (kind of)- We splurged and bought steaks for Valentine's Day. It was
cheaper to buy them in a large package, so Clay grilled 2 of the steaks and we froze
the other 2. I mistakenly took out the steaks to defrost on Monday thinking they
were pork chops. Oh well, it just means we get to have steak for dinner this week!
Friday- Date Night!! - Noah - pizza at Kid's Night Out
Clay and I - dinner at T.G.I. Fridays (using a BOGO coupon found here).
Saturday- Grilled Pork Chops, Grilled Veggies, and Homemade Bread
Sunday- Cornmeal Chicken (Pg. 151 of Cooking Light: Low-Fat/Low-Calorie), Mashed
Potatoes, and Carrots
Monday- Gumbo (from freezer), Rice, and Crackers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Robin,
You don't know me but I am friends with Stephanie Hankins. I looked at your blog through hers. I am very impressed with your menu and how you are trying to save money. I am trying to use coupons myself. So you take the sells papers that you get out of the paper to Walmart? You also use coupons at Walmart? Do they price match buy one get one free stuff?